Friday, October 19, 2007

Yes, i realize I should switch so that I don't keep posting as KD Wampag, but I will soon.
TGIF is right. It's pouring here but I was in desperate need of a lazy afternoon after a week of midterms. Walking back from the libraries in the wee hours of the night is amazing. I love crossing my last bridge into Collegetown and hearing the rushing gorge waters below but not being able to see them. I hope to take pictures soon enough so that you can get a better impression of what it's like.

I wanted to respond to the social stagnation that I think we all face. Groups have been decided. While its possible to add a few friends here and there, or merge groups on occasion, I feel like things are pretty must set in stone from here onward. If I hadn't formed a core group of friends with the kids I lived with last year (and live with now, and next year as well- signing our lease soon!), I would definitely feel MUCH more lost. Our closest knit fraction of the whole unit of friends is of course the five girls. We collectively agree that the only girl friends we need are each other, and that quite frankly, we don't like girls. Most of our friend-making efforts are centered on finding cool guys in the sea of social awkward engineers, fratastic cocky boys and so on. And it's not just for the purpose of finding a potential lovahhh but rather to actually find just good people to hang out with. By the way, it's still in the works but I'm sorta kinda seeing someone right now- who I met via my best guy friend. So it comes full circle, use your guy friends to expand the guy friend network and meet boyfriends.
Despite my disdain for many girls, there are very clear similarities between the 7toMainers and my friends here, despite my initial beliefs in the differences between the two groups. We are all independent, intelligent and self-respecting women. That's right my friends, women. As much as we should be modest when necessary, there is absolutely no reason for anyone to not want to develop a social relationship with any of you.
I forgot where I was going with this. I just watched Oprah and it was about these women who are with married men. It really has no relation to this entry but these women just pissed me off. So um don't be like them?

I'll be around all weekend doing work but I'm not especially busy so actually expect phone calls. I'm legit this time.

No comments: